Sunday, January 31, 2010

Being Chinese (Part 1)

I found the ol' test papers!! :D :D

History: Damn was I a stupid historian back then! Most of the multichoice answers were the first ones that I crossed out wtf. So much for leaving everything to chance.

English & Malay: I keep seeing scribbles like "millennium milennium millenium" all over the essay sheet.

Biology: "Ah, like that also get wrong. Aiya!" *slaps forehead and turns page*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chinese:

I know what you're thinking. Seb knows Chinese?
Well you'll laugh more if I tell you that I got an A for it.
I can also tell you that I write qualitatively inconsistent essays.

One essay I wrote about a poor kid who sold cakes on the roadside. Then his father died, so he started to deal drugs but then got caught by the police. He then became emo in his jail cell, regretting every single day of his sorry life.

Score: 14/30
-there's the "see me after class" comment at the bottom :(
-NOTHING was corrected

So I went to see the teacher lor. She told me that my essay was very dark. She also told me that "normal essays" must be "realistic, moralistic, and well written".

I was neither of those apparently.

Soon, I was begging her for "pity marks".

"Tell me, what's so good about this essay?"
...
*long pause*
...
...
...
"I used a simile."

OMG.

So then, in another test, I wrote about this fat kid who trains for a race by running around the house countless times, and then ended up winning the school race.

Moralistic? Check.
Realistic? Kind of.
Well written? yea :)

Score: 26/30 booyah!

Part 2 needs time for it to roll.
Just like snot.
S

1 comment:

Ivan Liaw said...

lol! brother, very funny ler!
sebby can write essay wor, hem hem.


where are u now ar?