Monday, February 1, 2010

The Word that Must-Not-Be-Mentioned

We tend to assume the little things represent the big things, which in fact, they don't at all. Let me give you an example:

I show you a marble bag.

You draw out one.

And you draw out three more.

And then sixteen.

I let you peek into the bag.

Yup, all blue. I'll definitely say that all the marbles in the bags are blue.

I pour out all the marbles from the bag. And 90% of the other marbles were this:

How many blue marbles does it take to convince you that all the marbles in the bag are blue?



...

...

Just think about it, how are the Chinese stereotyped to be cunning and money-faced? or the Malays to be lazy?

You got cheated by an Indian. Do you proceed to assume that all Indians are likewise? Or do you continue to observe, like picking out more and more marbles, then make a more logical decision?

Assumptions. Assumptions.

"He failed an exam last week. So lazy!"

"Look! An orange cat. I saw another one yesterday. This neighbourhood must be full of orange cats."

"The pizza guy gave me the wrong change last week. I won't trust him again."

"A (insert religion) offended me. I'm going to offend the whole religion by torching or placing dirty stuff near their place of worship."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This fight is not about religion vs religion. It's more about those who use religion as an excuse to defame the people with "different views".

Perhaps it is those immature people we should direct our anger upon. Those who think that weaponry and physical damage will solve the problem. Those who decided that only them and their kind shall be dominant whereas all the others follow them around like little puppies.


Tsk. Little kids.



p.s. I hope I've said enough to prove my point, but not enough to get myself arrested. On a lighter note, I'll hold off my other posts for a while.

2 comments:

Seb said...

yay!! I can finally comment on my own blogpost! No more classic templates :D

Anonymous said...

Neencumaccofe
[url=http://healthplusrx.com/magna-rx-review]magna rx review[/url]
Elatastycloms