I was hesitant to post this. Failure is always painful after all. It's when you have genuinely tried hard and for a moment there you think you are a stronghold impenetratable against anything. And the next moment, you are just pieces of stone wishing you had never existed. There was no purpose after all, all that studying and preparation is now rendered useless.
"Everything seems fine, it's just that you failed." was the way he broke it to me. That cold hard mockery of my competency I wasn't expecting at all. I couldn't believe it, all this time he was smiling and nodding in agreement with what I was saying. Whatever happened in the latter, I forced myself to smile. He told me that I was doing my examination slower compared to house surgeons and registrars. He told me that I did not do an endocrine examination which was never in the exam syllabus. He told me that I did not delve into a section as much as he liked, and that was the "fatality" point. which is bull because that totally goes against the marking scheme.
The worst part was, instead of arguing my way I just nodded and apologized. He was after all the top of the pyramid and I was at the bottom. As he was about to leave me to my sorrows, I managed to churn a weak "thank you". As if to say, thank you for failing me. Everything is fine over here, just thank you.
Update: I have never felt a stronger urge to appeal. yet i feel this would somehow jeopardize my future career?? :(
Re-update: I have a new dream to be one of the nicest teaching fellows/registrars/consultants out there.
Re-re-update: Appeal was successful (in some respects that I got hold of some sympathy from the higher ups who told me to disregard the first one). And I passed the repeat! YEA
No comments:
Post a Comment