1. Medicine
I remember many of my mates ask me
I remember many of my mates ask me
"Why aren't you in (insert name ) University? So much more opportunities."
I used to ask myself that question too. I wish I could tell them that the world is full of opportunities. It is, only after you're done with university admissions essays. And scholarship deadlines. And admission tests.
I guess they were right.
This year I've been rejected by universities, but then reapplied. I've almost gave in to the second-best. I've got scores in admission test that was so close to the cut-off that it's almost disbelieving.
But in the end, I got in. So screw depression :)
Mark Twain once said, "Some people drink from the fountain of knowledge, others just gargle."
Well, MIND YOU, I was thrown in a sixty-metre deep fountain with weights strapped to my ankles.
People say that you can only teach a kid to swim if you throw him into the deep waters. Shoot their heads la.
3. Nothing is perfect.
Again, Mark Twain once said, " In the first place God made idiots. This was for practice. Then he made school boards."
True. Very true. I thought in university, everything was deeply scrutinized. Perfection was always there.. until....
a certain paper (which I prefer not to say, because then they'll sue me for what-not's. Yea, I'm paranoid, and you're judgmental :D)
which in perfect irony, the acronym describes something that gives hope, a new life for the sick.
well heck, I was in living hell. THANK YOU KTHXBYE
4. Rules are meant to be broken.
This, I learned from the ang mohs and the Singaporeans.
Don't like early lectures? Skip, move to later lectures. If not later lectures, Podcast. If not podcast, rely on your friends for answers. If not, cheat in exam. If you can't cheat in exam, then might as well just don't even try to attend lectures in the first place then.
Don't like the lecturer? Then it's worth skipping.
Don't like a particular lab time? Come up with a brilliant excuse after messaging most of your friends for suggestions.
JUST KIDDING, attend your lectures and labs like a good boy :)
5. Friends
OMG, how would I have survived HSFY if I hadn't had friends??!!
Can't thank here. Too many people. :)
6.Gluttony
is evil.
Nuff said. Note to self: don't eat when I'm stressed
7.Faith
I'm kinda guilty on this one. I've been guilty of skipping church just because there's an exam around the corner. Sigh. What to do, too kiasu to go for church and miss a few hours of studying for some 5% test. wtf
I guess the only thing keeping me alive spiritually was reading the bible every single day and praying. gah, I'll try harder this year.
8.UNICOL
Love it. The food. The dinner buddies. The tension during exam time. The pool table. The cafe. The Master. The ping pong table. The no-curfew rule. The coke machine. The poker competition. The room. The nice and CLEAN bathroom. The tutorials.
Now, I've got to cook, clean, wash clothes, dry clothes and study at the same time this year!
9. The Malaysian Times
Did you know that we changed presidents? Yup, three months later.
Did you know Sulaiman became party leader? Who's Sulaiman?
Where was independence day held? Dunno.
vs
HUBS: Name the individual muscle groups of the quadriceps femoris. Rectus femoris, Vastus Medialis, Vastis Intermedius and Vastus Lateralis.
BIOC: If your brain suffers from glucose deficiency, what other ways can your brain continue to function? By metabolizing ketone bodies, aceto-acetate and beta-hydroxybutyrate. Carbs and Fat cannot pass through the Blood Brain Barrier (BBB).
You get my point. Moral of the story: Make more Malaysian friends.
p/s: I don't think I'll do one for 2010. I was struggling after 7. OMG
No comments:
Post a Comment