when I'm still singing "Mmmmbop!" by Hansons
when Westlife was not a gay band (whoever started it should get a life)
when Bill Nye the Science Guy was the only educational program
when Kermit the Frog was singing for me in the morning :(
when Little Lulu Little Lulu~~
when YMCA was famous Yyyy-- Emmm--See---Aaeeee
when I could do the Macarena
when I won a bet with my brother than Cyclops could beat Wolverine and Gambit combined
when high jeans and leather coats were "in style"
when the Nestle commercial was on every freaking time my dad turns on the news
when Winnie the Pooh was still 2D (3D soooo doesn't work ==)
when I sing-a-long with Barney
when Floppy disks were the size of exercise books (at least in my town)
when the monitor takes up half the table
when Thomas the Train was a favourite (I remember Percy as the grumpy one though)
when losing $0.10 would send me crying for mommy :(
when I thought "ugly" was a swear word
when "chow", "peace out" and "gotta bounce" wasn't another way of saying goodbye
when I already knew how to play Scrabble, Uno, Monopoly, Uno stack, Ants in Your Pants, Clue, Guess Who? and Blackjack
when everyone knew how to tap the rhythm of "We Will Rock You"
when the Spice Girls rocked the stage
when Roald Dahl died :(
when Britney Spears was still in action
when you could get a bowl of laksa for $1.80
when I had a school uniform!
when Disneyland was really famous
when I hated the "I R Baboon" on Cartoon Network
when Archie comics were selling like hot cakes (they even made a series out of it)
when Hannah Montana was not on Disney Channel yet
when I had a collection of Goosebumps
when Enid Blyton published a new book!
when mobile phones couldn't fit in your pockets
when Dean Cain was still Superman!!
when EVERYONE knew what Ultraman is and the famous defeat-monster move
when famous shows like Power Rangers, Addam's Family, Rugrats, the Flintstones, Captain Planet, Hurricanes, G. I. Joe, were aired
when famous movies like Kindergarten Cop, Ace Ventura, 3 Ninjas, Ghost, Pretty Woman (yess, I watched it when I was little), Jingle All the Way, Home Alone, Beverly Hills Ninja, Judge Dredd, Cliffhanger (Syllvester Stallone)
when famous drama like the Four Ace, the Journey of Allen Strange, Home Improvement, Friends, America's Funniest Home Videos, the Nanny
when all my primary school friends can recite all the villains of the powerpuff girls
when Mulan became a hit
Gah, I can go on forever. This generation definitely missed a lot of good stuff.
No comments:
Post a Comment